My suggestion is to have the ConnectionManagerProxy
invoke down an interceptor chain the result of which will be a connection handle
that can be returned from allocateConnection.

The interceptors would be something like:

CMProxy (as now)
Security
CachedConnectionManager (CCM) processing (on the return stroke)
Handle reference tracking (on the return stroke)
NoTx/Tx behaviour (for track-connection-by-tx and tx enlistment/synchronization)
SubPool selection
Pooling
ManagedConnectionFactory delegation to create or match an MC (ManagedConnection)

That is a rough mapping of what happens now.

There should also be an interceptor stack for the MC which would replace the
ConnectionListener (handling events like close/error/etc.)
and would be a better place to implement the CCM/handle reference
processing I show above.
I haven't analysed this part in much detail.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3862982#3862982

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3862982