So having poked around the JCA User list I'm suggesting the following algorithm
for creating a new Datasource through the Admin Console:

1) User enters all relevant info in the Admin Console and uploads a new driver
jar file.
2) The user commits the change.
3) The Admin Console submits the data and the driver jar file to the
DeploymentService through JMX, specifing a name, e.g. mydatasource, for the
datasoure and a template name which the DeploymentService knows about.
4) The DeploymentService follows the specified template and builds a new sar
module with the following structure:

mydatasource.sar/
  |     META-INF/jboss-service.xml  (<?xml version="1.0"?><server></server>)
  |     my-ds.xml (built from a velocity template, using the data provided to
the DeploymentService)
  |     mydriver.jar (the jar file which was submitted to the DeploymentService)

4) The DeploymentService then copies this into the ./deploy directory.

My understanding of the DeploymentService is that it can do everything other
than handle driver jar files parts? Any thoughts on the difficulty of updating
it to do this.

Thanks

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3862995#3862995