depends on the size of the files.  Tom E's idea is a good one for large files -
that is, have a remote file input stream that a server can read to slurp down a
file from the remote client.

My fileDrop command will take the contents of any file (or any String or any
Object to be serialized), ship it over to the server and have the server write
it somewhere.  The command itself will not only ship over the file contents but
also a suggestion to the server of where to put the file.  I think this would
be ideal for things like configuration files.  But again, this is only useful
for small-to-medium sized files.

We will need a streaming capability for larger files like ears and such (for
when we want to remotely deploy apps).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3863165#3863165

Reply to the post :