"ralf.siedow" wrote : Hello,

  | we are using multiple tree cache instance which successfully connect to
each other. If I want to prevent that I will use different cluster names.

  | I've read the FAQ and the TreeCache HTML documentation and still have some
questions unanswered:
  | - TreeCaches use multicast to announce them to each other, right?

Not necessarily, this depends on the configuration of the JGroups reliable
transport

anonymous wrote :
  | - Do TreeCaches use multicast or unicast to replicate state?

'Multi-point'. Multicast or multiple TCP connections, depending on the JGroups
config

anonymous wrote :
  | - Currently I didn't find any mechanism to define a common passphrase that
is needed together with the cluster name so that only authorized caches can
connect to each other. Are there any plans to do this?

This can be done on the JGroups level. Read JGroups/doc/ENCRYPT.html for an
explanation of how to do this.

anonymous wrote :
  | - How can I configure my cache so that it is only possible for to IP
addresses to share information and they don't offer their content to
"malicious"

Use a different
1: partition name
2: multicast address