Thomas, thanks so much for replying with help. You're a life saver (because i
stopped banging my head before it killed me). I can get the portlet page just
fine now. There were multiple problems, one of which was the missing
jboss-portlet.xml file. Some documentation feedback:

  | the Reference Guide was very helpful but also contains some outdated
information that then confuses the issue : the page=xxx URL issue i mentioned
earlier, no mention of jboss-portlet.xml, etc

  | the Nukes project had a template module that made it fairly simple for a
new developer to see what is needed to create their own modules. It would be
nice if JBP had something similar. Moving the test portlet out of the core
might help accomplish this.

  | Would be nice to have a Wiki explaining what xml files and setup a portlet
needs to run within JBP that are separate from the JSR-168 specification. This
way developers would know how to package portlets for JBP and implimentors
would know what to add to an outside portlet to get it running quickly under
JBP.

  | All in all, i'm very happy with JBP, and find more that i like here than in
the Jetspeed2 project or other open source portal servers. Hopefully i'll have
something to contribute after i figure the rest of it. Thanks again for your
help. ... .joe

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3868052#3868052

Reply to the post :