"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : an advice here, for your own hibernate sessions try
to use the same datasource the portal uses otherwise, you'll have distributed
transactions which is not necessary in that case.

Can you give some quick advice on how to do this? I don't have alot of
experience with JBoss or Hibernate, but i've been able to get both working
separately (simple JBoss portlet, simple Hibernate app under Tomcat). Now i
want to get my hibernate app converted to a portlet. When doing so JBP
complained that "The user must supply a JDBC connection" which makes me think
that either it isn't reading my hibernate.cfg.xml file or it's ignoring the
configuration. I've tried configuring as a separate connection (like i was
doing as a servlet under Tomcat) and tried using the datasource.

So... what's the simplest way? I'd looked at the forums portlet but it gets
into har files and mbeans and such that i would prefer to avoid -- just looking
for simple table queries for now. thanks. ... .joe

PS - or if anyone has a simple Hibernate-based portlet they'd like to share as
a sample, that would work as well.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3868082#3868082

Reply to the post :