Okay I solved the problem myself. I deployed JBoss Portal from binaries however
section 2.3.1 in the User Guide was missing the line
anonymous wrote : then you should populate the database to create two users,
one with login user  and password user who is a regular user and one
administrator with admin as username and admin as password. To do so type the
following command: root# mysql -u portal -p jbossportal <
jboss-portal-2.0\core\output\resources\setup\setup.sql
which 2.3.2 (deploying from source) had.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3870365#3870365

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3870365