There are a couple of issues here (I am actually working through a few of them
currently due to a bug submitted recently).  As it is now a Connector can have
one and only one invoker, but can have multiple handlers.

The invoker has to have its marshaller/unmarshaller explicitly set for it
(either via datatype=XXX in the locator url or by using its default one) when
it starts.  This is because the unmarshaller will be the one that is actually
reading from the server invoker's transport's input stream (so no way to bind
this dynamically based on client's preference as is no way to establish the
initial handshake between client and server).  This means that there is an
associated constraint that all users of the Connector (and thus the associated
server invoker) will have to use the same marshaller/unmarshaller.

The reason that the EJBs using the unified invoker work without the
datatype=invocation, as you have noted, is because I have explicitly hardcode
the adding of the InvocationMarshaller/InvocationUnmarshaller in the
UnifiedInvokerProxy and UnifiedInvoker.  This was a hack, because at the time,
I had no way to dynamically load marshallers.  I have added this feature to
remoting (explanation at
http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Remoting_Marshaller_Configuration), but
have not made the fix to the UnifiedInvokerProxy and UnifiedInvoker.  When I do
make the fix (jira issue JBREM-62), I will need the datatype=invocation back in
the locator (plus a few other parameters).

So for now, probably best to define a new connector for the DTM.  Another fix I
can make pretty quickly is to update the
InvocationMarshaller/InvocationUnMarshaller is to allow default marshalling
behavior if is not of type org.jboss.Invocation (the EJB payload type).  In
essence, would mean any other users besides the ejb users, would see the exact
same behavior as the SerializableMarshaller/SerializableUnMarshaller.

I will be thinking about better long term solution for this problem (where can
bind marshallers/unmarshaller dynamically).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3870445#3870445

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3870445