So feature complete in SMTP is a loaded term.  Does that mean there won't be
features that affect SMTP in the future?  No (Never will reach that level of
"feature complete").  I mean that we'll be able to run feasibly in a secure
multi-user environment.  There are presently issues that would allow
authenticated users to forge other authenticated users.  Not a biggy, most mail
servers let you do this anyhow and the logging can still cause said person to
be fired.  However these will be fixed in M3.  There will of course be RFCs and
other things that aren't supported (S/MIME for instance).

The letter....probably not in M3.  That RFC seems to talk about partial
incremental mail transfers.  Thats a ball of wax I don't even want to get in to
yet.

The spirit, It will be possible to have this configuration in M3.  We'll
support the right set of features to allow you to set up a TLS/SSL on 587 and
SMTP on 25.  The one not allowing relaying without authentication and the other
only allowing sending to local users.  Of course I regard the multi-port thing
as a bit silly.  Require STARTTLS and authentication for relaying, no port 587
required.  (I do not believe that some ports are inherently more secure than
others).  however you should be able to do that in the final M3.

I think you're right.  It should be 995.  I think it was set to 443 because no
one new what port it should be.  I'll fix it.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3870478#3870478

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3870478