ok, that helps a lot with diagnosis.  I'll try to reproduce with JBoss AOP
1.1.1 and get back to you.

BTW, why are you using 1.0?  Does 1.1.1 not work with 3.2.x?

Ok, now the XML that should work should be

  | <bind pointcut="call(void $instanceof{Base}->method1())">
  |    <advice name="auditMethod" aspect="MyAspect"/>
  | </bind>

  |   |
  |   |
  |   | Let me see if I can get this to work though!  There probably is a bug.
  |   |
  |   | Bill

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3871220#3871220