Hi,

I worked on an open protocol for the old jbossmq (http://csil.sourceforge.net),
which only runs in jboss3.2. It encodes messages in an xml format, and provides
a library for c# to connect to jbossmq. I've been using it in production quite
successfully for the past two years.

Last time around, I did the design in isolation, and built on top of the UIL,
which was replaced by the UIL2 almost at the same time that I finished the
first version of the new protocol.  I was hoping I could get some additional
guidance this time. I and another collaborator were granted cvs access to do
this work. Circumstances got the better of us, and we didn't make much progress
porting from UIL to UIL2. However, I now have time to work on jbossmq, and I'd
like to dive in again (assuming I haven't worn out my welcome).

To get started, I have a few questions:
First, should I abandon the idea of porting the code I wrote to be based on the
UIL2?

Secondly, would a language independent protocol be a new facade, or would I add
a component to the JMS facade?

thanks,
fawce

View the original post :