We have several different types of non-archive artifacts which need to be
supported - dtds, service.xml descriptors, etc.  These need to be included in
the release structure outside of any archive.

  | <resource id="exception-processor"/>
  |
  | <artifactdef artifact="sqlexception-service.xml">
  |    <include input="exception-processor">
  |       <include pattern="sqlexception-service.xml">
  |    </include>
  | </artifactdef>

I think we can make this less verbose.  If I were following the existing
design, I think I would have to copy it to somewhere like output/lib, assuming
I had the following:

<artifacttype id="xml" outputtype="lib"/>

and then in the build targetdef:
   <xml>
  |       <mkdir dir="@{parentDir}"/>
  |       <copy todir="@{parentDir}">
  |          <filesets/>
  |       </copy>
  |    </xml>

So the toplevel build can find the file in output/lib instead of
output/resources/exception-processor.

  |   <artifact id="sqlexception-service.xml"/>

I suppose the downsides to this approach are:

1.  No grouping of many artifacts, so each file must be listed as a seperate
artifact element.  I might like to have an artifact like server.dtds that
allows me to treat *.dtd as a group.
2.  We are "unnecissarily" copying files from output/resources/something to
output/lib.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3871651#3871651

Reply to the post :