Moving development discussion to the forums
---
The team have been doing many talks via private emails, IM chat and what not ;)
We are doing our best to move as much as possible of this
discussion and at least conclusions/indications in the public dev forum.
So, be ready to hear some more noise and you are as always welcome to
contribute ;)

The new build system is Almost Here(TM)
---
Marshal had some extra time this weekend to start playing with the automated
PDE build this weekend, and he spent all
day today working on some rather "fun" issues. (basically eclipse 3.1M5a was a
bad release). At any rate, once he moved to eclipse 3.1M6, his problems were
clearing up. I expect to have a fully working automatable build working by
sometime tomorrow.

CVS Restructure is a "go"
---
The new cvs restructure was committed on Friday. The new layout is very sane,
so we are hoping it will last for the length of the project. (its located at
/cvsroot/jboss/jbosside now)

New Update Site is live
---
This includes both "stable" and "development" branches of development. We've
also made space for integration and nightly builds once our automated build
process is in gear.
http://download.jboss.org/jbosside/updates/[stable|development|integration|nightly]

JBossIDE extensions are no longer dependent on the crappy XML editor
---
Both Hibernate Tools and jBPM Designer are now free from the shackles of
JBossIDE's xml editor. Marshall will hopefully be freeing JBossIDE core, and
bundling WTP's XML/HTML/JSP editors later this week.

Hibernate Tools
---
Work is being done to allow more things to be customized by the user when doing
reverse engineering. Goal is to have a functionallity that is usable both from
a ui and a ant based build.

jBPM Designer
---
Koen has been doing work on the help plugin, and automating the build of his
docbook documentation into the help plugin. Similar help system
have been done for Hibernate tools. We will try and do the same for JBossIDE
and our other extensions. Koen has also prepared the jBPM Designer for the
upcoming WTP 1.0M4 release, which will be
needed for our upcoming release late next week =).

AOP Developer
---
Rob is busy working on adding support for non-implemented AOP tags in the AOP
descriptor. This should allow user
imported jboss-aop.xml descriptors to work without throwing up. He has also
completed his new pointcut wizard
that allows for complete fine grained editing of an AOP pointcut.

JSR88 Plugin
---
Rob will start work on the JSR88 plugin this week.. hopefully we will have
something to release by 1.5 Milestone 3.

JBossIDE 1.5M2 Release delayed by a week (to April 29th)
---
The team unanimously decided to delay the release of JBossIDE 1.5M2 by a week
to wait for Webtools 1.0M4 and to give us more time to work out the new build
system. We hope to have an integration build out by the end of the week for
Max, Koen, and Rob to sync up with. The plan is to have our XML editors ripped
out completely, and the
WTP pre-reqs put into the build.. we'll see how easy that turns out though.

And as always...

Remember that we love contributors!

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3874406#3874406