I noticed a problem with document handling in our current SAAJ design.  I had a
need to locate the root element of the SAAJ tree via the DOM API. I started to
implement getDocumentElement() on SOAPPartImpl, when I noticed that currently
all nodes are allocated from a single threadlocal document (I assume this was
done for performance reasons?).  The problem with this is that I can't, of
course, attach an element to the threadlocal document because there could be
many active SOAPMessage objects within the same thread.

If possible, I would like to change the design to a one-to-one relationship
between a SOAPPart and a Document. This would allow the following operations to
work correctly:

part.getDocumentElement()

and

element.getOwnerDocument().getDocumentElement()

Can anyone think of a problem with switching to this approach?

-Jason

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3875221#3875221

Reply to the post :