Yes, it should be conditionally enabled. This was added to deal with
hash collisions due to calculations that were not considering the
interface/class of the method.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dimitris Andreadis
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:13 AM
To: jboss-development@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Scott M Stark
Subject: 3.2.x / 4.0.x compatibility

One of the differences I see in the 2 branches, is the useFullHashMode:

org.jboss.invocation.MarshalledInvocation

   /** A flag indicating if the */
   static boolean useFullHashMode = false;

Which was added around 3.2.4

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=21888&group_id=22866

This is 'true' for 4.0.x thus prohibiting interoperability and I don't
see this being configured somewhere.

Can I conditionally set this to true, based only the
org.jboss.util.id.SerialVersion.version setting?