I have created a wiki page
'Not backward compatible changes in the API of JBossXB between the old code in Branch_4_0 and the current code HEAD'
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossXB_Branch40_HEAD_ApiConflicts

I decided to not introduce a new interface for, e.g., GenericValueContainer changes. Because, first, I don't think we will recommend using jboss-xml-binding.jar from HEAD for JBoss-4.x versions with the old JBossXB code in jboss-common[-client].jar because of the complicated installation procedure since the XB code is in the same package. Second, there are only three conflicting classes (security module) that have already been updated to the new GenericValueContainer version.

Is this acceptable?

alex