Just want to bring to your attention 2 important issues

A) Planning any JBossAS release is quite hard due to complexity and the simple
reason that developer availability is mostly unknown (work on primary projects,
training, consulting, vacations, traveling, conferences, sudden disappearances,
etc.) We are often stuck in the AS waiting for a deliverable from project A
that depends on project B and breaks project C, etc.

- You need to be proactive/aware in terms of coordinating your project releases
with JBoss releases.
- You need to pre-allocate time for working on jboss issues and help resolving
integration problems.
- You need to merge early your work/.jars to the AS to give time for solving
integration problems.

B) Putting on the side the excellent technical work, we need to do a better job
promoting it to end-users and developers inside and outside jboss. For every
new feature (or even change) that improves and adds value to the JBossAS,
except for WRITING A WIKI PAGE about it, you NEED TO LINK IT and make it's
presence known! There are hundreds of smaller or bigger features that except
the creator very few other people know about it.

A start would be to link your wiki page from:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossReleaseNotes

Or even:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=404UpgradeIssues

Based on those link we can then compile a meaningful "Release Notes", rather
than simply listing often incomprehensible JIRA headlines.

Thanks
/Dimitris

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx