This is how I understood slide 11 of 040-Microkernel.ppt. It's not clear that it's true only for mbeans from the same -service.xml.

Create is called when all bean I depend on are “created”

When a service's create method is called:
- This gives an MBean an opportunity to check that required MBeans or resources exist. - The service typically cannot utilize other MBean services at this point, as most JBoss MBean services do not become fully functional until they have been started via their start method. - Because of this, service implementations often do not implement create in favor of just the start method because that is the first point at which the service can be fully functional.