Jorgen Thelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I now work for Orbware
>- one of the 18 commercial J2EE licensees, and the first licensee
>in the U.K.  The above licensing situation was one of the primary
>factors that influenced Orbware's decision to become a J2EE licensee
>-- we are committed to making EJB technology more widely available
>where it had previously been excluded on price grounds, but we say
>no way to do that through an Open Source initiative.

Jorgen, what hoops did your organization need to jump through to become a
licensee? How much did it cost?

And for the rest of the jBoss team, does jBoss use the Sun version of the
EJB 1.1 (J2EE 1.2) or the JDMK (JMX) libraries, or does it create its own,
according to the spec? I get the impression that the ultimate goal of jBoss
is to create its own system, independent of Sun's reference implementation,
but that there are still a couple of places where jBoss uses some Sun
libraries. Is this correct?

-- Ken Jenks, http://abiblion.com/

    Tools for reading.