Fine, Okay .... but so far I've been trying to get a simple Hello world console to compile and run for the past 2 days without any consistent success. I have fiddled with ext directories and classpaths; I can't see the logic in learning another syntax, just to compile the first two that aren't actually working yet.

I'm sure ANT is wonderful, but until I get the server running without crashing, the EJBs compiling and the client running, then it's just another layer of complication.

Now, I've added *everything* to the CLASSPATH, and quel supris ... it still doesn't work.

javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.net.MalformedURLExcption: no protocol:Files/jboss2/lib/ext/jboss.jar]

Now if someone could just tell me what this means, I may actually get somewhere....if not, then I'll thank you all for your help and call it a day.....

At 20:08 26/07/00 +0200, you wrote:
Hi!

Ray wrote:
> By the looks of it, ANT means having to write yet more text files in order
> to get a simple task done ... adding make files on top of everything else
> ... ? Not just yet thanks .... :-)

It Is Going To Simplify Things.

Trust me.

Look at the jbosstest module for reference and just plug in your stuff
instead of the test suite for easiest transition.

/Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]