"Josh Zeidner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:

>I am trying to run the InterestClient example and Im getting this message:
>
>javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class:
>org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory [Root exception is
>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory]
>
>does anyone know what the problem is?

Yes. The problem is that jBoss doesn't use the same JNDI naming conventions
as the InterestClient example assumes. Take a look at my altered clients --
and my altered TravelAgentBean -- at <http://abiblion.com/products-jboss.html>.

(Note: My solution isn't optimal. I'm still trying to figure out how to do
this with jus a jboss.xml and no modification to the client code. Stay tuned.)

-- Ken Jenks, http://abiblion.com/

    Tools for reading.