Hi!

marc fleury wrote:
> I believe (and I did it :() that some times if you forget to specify the
> TxAttribute (you need to understand what they mean before you can set it
> properly) then you don't see the persisted stuff.  That is dangerous since
> most folks know the DB world and will go look at the tables to see if the
> stuff was persisted and will say "huh... jboss did not persist my data
> wtf"... I would rather address mails that say "how do I disable the
> storage?" than mails that say "how come the storage did not work?"
>
> I would set the standard behaviour of jboss to store the stuff, always,
> ejbStore() called.

The "most spec compliant" thing to handle supports, or "what most
vendors do", is to actually call ejbStore on each call if no tx is
running. Just in case.

> I would also set (and that is the way it is right now) the commit option to
> A so that we don't load.
>
> Of course if someone understand the semantics of "supports" vs "required"
> then they can safely say "supports" in the ejb-jar.xml and we will behave
> according to spec... which it already does.
> Also if someone understand the A,B, C commit options (jboss is not unique
> access to DB) then you can specify B or C in the jboss.xml advanced
> configurations.
>
> So standard is:
> 1- TxRequired if nothing is specified
> 2- Option A if nothing is specified

Sounds ok, but be sure to make it so that only if *no* settings are
specified should we use "required". If any setting is in there we should
remove the default, ehm.., standard.

See what I mean?

/Rickard

--