Happy Friday...

To answer your question, yes I have verified the new code runs. Changing the
code is actually irrelevant as the following will show.  I'll be a little
more scientific here.

FIRST:  Testing remote debugging of newly deployed bean.
1) Start jBoss with NO beans deployed.
2) Deploy a bean by copying the jar file into jBoss\deploy
3) Start debugger, attach to remote process, set breakpoint in bean
4) Run test client, breakpoint IS HIT.
5) Close down jBoss and debugger to reset test.

SECOND:  Testing remote debugging of redeployed bean.
1) Start jBoss with ONE bean deployed.
2) Touch the jar file of the bean causing redeployment
3) Start debugger, attach to remote process, set breakpoint in bean
4) Run test client, breakpoint IS NOT HIT.

THIRD:  Testing reboot of server allows for connection
1) Reset jBoss and close debugger.
2) Start debugger, attach to remote process, set breakpoint in bean
3) Run test client, breakpoint IS HIT.

To me this says that undeployment-redeployment is different than either
initial deployment or startup deployment.  That would leave undeployment as
a culprit to me.

As much as I would like this to be a debugger configuration problem, my gut
tells me there's something else going on.  I've tried both socket
connections and shared memory connections (I'm in Windows 2K) and get the
same experience with both.  I'll eventually try another debugger to see if I
get the same results, but you know...

Can someone using Kawa or JBuilder test this?

Thanks,
Jeff Mc.