> > It took the system 113 seconds to process 10,000 method calls from a
> > single client (initial context and lookup not included !!).
> During the
> > test the server load never exceeded 0.5 .
>
> Is it an Entity a Session?  10ms / invoke is not good
> what VM a beta VM on linux I assume (these are slower)
>
> marc

Both system (client and server) are running the same VM from SUN:
java version "1.3.0beta_refresh"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.3.0beta_refresh-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0beta-b07, mixed mode)

Ok, it's a beta. But that HotSpot thing seems to be already included. Do you
expect more performance improvements in the final version?

The loop looks like this:

for (int i=0; i<10000 ;i++) {
        EJBTest tester = home.create();
        String s = tester.greet();
}

So all the calls a proceded in sequence.
The test bean I used should be stateless.