Hey,

> Hi, everyone:
>
> I have a piece of code in EJB client which looks like this:

>    PersonnelHome home = (PersonnelHome)
>          PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ref,PersonnelHome.class);
>
>    for( Enumeration people=home.findAllPersonnels();
>          people.hasMoreElements(); ){
>       Personnel person = (Personnel)people.nextElement();
>
>       System.out.println("ID: "+person.getId());
>       System.out.println("First Name: "+person.getFirstName());
>       System.out.println("Last Name: "+person.getLastName());
>    }
>
> Because I got 7000+ personnel records in database, the system swap
> the memory a lot to allocate all the 7000+ beans in memory.  I believe
> that telling EJB container to release some beans would provide some
> help. Can anyone tell me how to ask EJB container to release a bean
> when I don't need it any more. Thanks!

Actually the cache implementation has no limit on the capacity, in the sense
that all the beans are kept in memory. I'm working on a more advanced cache
that will passivate beans when the max cache capacity is reached. Rickard
and I are reviewing the code, but I have no idea on when the new cache will
be available.

Simon