I've finished revising the settings for Oracle for CMP.  The old
DB mapping "Oracle" has been replaced by two: "Oracle7" and "Oracle8"
(note that you will need to update your jaws.xml for any Oracle CMP
beans!).  The difference is that with the Oracle 7 configuration, you can
only have one serialized Java object per table - which currently means
only one object *or* one EJB reference (though we are still hoping to fix
that before the final release, I think).  With the Oracle 8 configuration
this is not an issue.
        The only other limitation is that certain "float" and "double"
values cannot be stored accurately in Oracle's "NUMBER" columns.  If you
try to put in a bad value, you'll get a SQLException.  This is not a
problem for simple values (8.5), but for example Float.MAX_VALUE doesn't
work.
        If you know a priori that all of your serialized objects will be
255 bytes or less, you can get better performance and avoid the 1-column
limitation in Oracle 7 by changing the SQL Type for the
"java.lang.Object/JAVA_OBJECT" mapping to "RAW(255)".  (The default is
LONG RAW for Oracle 7 and BLOB for Oracle 8).

Aaron

P.S. This is only in CVS right now, but will be in the next binary.