Alexander ten Bruggencate wrote:

> Hi,
>
> tomcat-test.ear deploys as it should with tomcat-2.0-final and tomcat
> 3.2b7 on my machine
> (linux, x86, sun jdk1.3)
> but i can't figure out how to run it.

Hi,

Tomcat serves files on port 8080.
The deployment descriptor in tomcat-test.ear (application.xml) tells
that the web application should be deployed on context "/jboss".

So you have to surf to http://localhost:8080/jboss to run it
(ps: if you use jboss_tomcat.zip, read the readme file :)

> first i tried pointing my browser to <hostname>:8083 like jboss suggests
> in the screendump like:
> [Webserver] Codebase set to http://<hostname>:8083/
> but that didn't produce any output.
> i also tried localhost:8083/jboss (the context under which the test-app
> should be deployed)
> and i tried some variants but i didn't get anything...
> actual question: what am i doing wrong?
>
> 2nd, when an .ear file contains a .war file, the .war file isn't
> extraced in tomcat/webapp? why is that?
> the problem i'm having with this is that i also use apache, which
> includes tomcat.conf so that apache knows which files to serve.  so
> right now apache cannot serve the files of tomcat-test.ear
> 2nd actual question: what do i need to fix in oder to have apache server
> the files of tomcat-test.ear?

This is currently not possible (since the server.xml file is not
processed, the apache connector is not used).  I am working on it to
make jboss_tomcat use the server.xml file.

Sebastien