From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Michael G. Drew
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 1:26 PM
To: jBoss
Subject: [jBoss-User] Jetty vs Tomcat

I would like to design my web apps so that I can access them directy through a normal http url.  ie:  www.myserver.com/myapp   NOT:  www.myserver.com:8080/myapp.   I know I can do this by getting tomcat and apache working together, but when I introduce jBoss in the mix, I haven't been able to get the AJP12 communication working that is necessary for apache to work with tomcat.

The way I see it there are two options:

         Use jBoss/tomcat/apache:    must figure out AJP12 stuff
                                                    might be a bit slower (according to list)

        Use jBoss/Jetty:   since Jetty is both a Servlet container and Http server, I believe by integrating it into jBoss, I'll be able to have all three components (servlet, http, ejb) all working together AND be inVM.  I'm assuming this should be much faster than the jBoss/tomcat/apache approach.   I'm also assuming that I might be able to get my url's working again with this approach.

Could someone please comment on the advantages/disadvantages of these two approaches and let me know if I've missed the mark on anything.  Many thanks as usual!

Michael G. Drew
Kishwaukee College
Interface Programmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]