Hi!

(Craig, Struts author, is CC'ed)

(Craig, during a discussion of the WebWork I'm doing I copied in the
email I sent to you as basis for arguments)

Richard Backhouse wrote:
> Are your concerns based on looking at the Struts 0.5 Release or the
> soon to be released 1.0.

0.5, what's at the site.

> I'm not complaining about having another jsp mvc framework to choice
> from but any reason why you don't contribute to struts instead (or as
> well) ?

Yeah, I considered this initially, but then these concerns came up which
was important enough for me to go my own way. The concerns I had was
pretty important design/architecture decisions and it didn't seem likely
that they'd change. So, yes, I made yet-another-framework. And so far
I'm extremely happy with it :-)

> You didn't say if Craig replied to you or not. I am assuming this was
> a private mail as I didn't see it posted to the struts mailing list.

Yes, private, no reply yet. I guess he's been busy :-)

Craig, I would very much appreciate your input on the email I sent you.
Thanks!

regards,
  Rickard

--