From: Daniel Schulze [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 21 November 2000 7:19 AM
To: jBoss
Subject: Re: [jBoss-User] Error Deploying Petstore.ear

Aiden,

I was trying to hunt that down today - but not _that_ successful...

First, I cant reproduce your error?!

Other things that prevent you deploying it in jBoss:

1.)
<web>
    <context-root>

entry in application.xml needs a prepended slash (/) else it cant be
deployed properly by the servlet container (jetty and tomcat). I fixed
it in the J2eeDeployer (but is not in cvs yet, since I changed a lot and
its not stable enough right now)

2.)
<form-login-config>
    <form-login-page>
    <form-error-page>

entries in web.xml need a prepended slash (/) else tomcat complains

3.)
Next problem is that AFAIK the servlet container doesnt provide a local
JNDI namespace for the application. So to access the beans you have to
change the names for the lookup to the names under which they are bound
in the global namespace:

(class: com.sun.estore.util.JNDINames)

public static final String CATALOG_EJBHOME = "TheCatalog";
/** JNDI name of the home interface of ShoppingClientController EJB */
public static final String SCC_EJBHOME = "TheShoppingClientController";
/** JNDI name of the home interface of ShoppingCart */
public static final String CART_EJBHOME = "TheCart";
public static final String ACCOUNT_EJBHOME = "TheAccount";
public static final String ORDER_EJBHOME = "TheOrder";
public static final String INVENTORY_EJBHOME = "TheInventory";
public static final String MAILER_EJBHOME = "TheMailer";

And this didnt work for me?!
The lookup fails and says "comp" is not bound, which indicates that it
still uses the old values and not my changed ones?! I dont know why yet
but I ll figure out...

Sorry that I cant give more at this moment :-(

\Daniel