Hi! Gladly enough i'm now allowed to convert our application to make it
running in jboss. But i also know that we have customers that we will
not be able to convince that jboss is the right solution (and maybe it
isn't yet for a 'really' big installation...) so we have to have the
code more or less portable between EJB 1.1 servers.

For the moment we are going from EJB 1.0 to EJB 1.1 and having jboss as
our test platform.

Ok, my question: Reading the jboss docs i see that there is no need to
declare any finders in the bean method. As long as they are in the home
interface they will be generated by the container. If it is a
complicated finder then there has to be some declares in jaws.xml (what
is complicated? fbpk and findAll is generated and also findByXXX but if
the findByXXX has more than one argument?).

How is all this handled by other EJB 1.1 servers? Weblogic as one
example, does it accept a bean class with no finders?

What are the best way to handle finders to have them portable?

Thanks,
/Lennart
--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]