Hiya jBosserz,

I need some thoughts on using MS SQL Server's 'text' type with CMP.  I've got some fields that get too long for a varchar, and I'd like to be able to, essentially, extend String into LongString and then map that to text in the jaws.xml file... but, you can't inherit from String, durn it.

So, I guess the question is, should I just use an existing table with a text field declared, and not worry that JAWS thinks it's a varchar?  Will it matter?  Or is there another way to make it understand that certain Strings should map to text fields?

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks,
Rian

-- R i a n  S c h m i d t