I am invoking close in the finally clause. I am invoking close not to
actually close the connection but to let the container know that I am done
with it and that the connection can be recycled to the pool. Unfortunately
it is not returned to the pool which makes JBoss basically unusable for me
since enventually, I will run out of connections and my program starts
hanging without any error being thrown. I also cannot set the number of
connections indefinitely high since the database would object to that and
it would be a waste of resources. Connection pooling is supposed to make
use of resources more efficient. Obviously, it has the opposite effect.

Thomas Kirsch