Hi Thomas!
We have two servers running on one machine. We had to tweak some ports
for that but in the end it works. We did copy the whole server to a
separate directory. But all changes were only made in conf/default, so
it should be possible to make them in conf/second instead. I think you
have to start org.jboss.Main with the parameter "second" then. You also
have to assign a new port for RMI calls. On the client side you need to
adjust jndi.properties to this port, too. With which version of JBOss
will you try to set it up ?

Let's do it like this: I give you all the information you need and help
with the issues and you just write down what you did and we will have a
nice step-by-step guide in the end. OK ?

Cheers,
Tobias