Guys,

I noticied the strangest behaviour while running the EmbeddedTomcat example.
In JBoss 2.0 final, I get these timmings, that look quite fine:

    2.0 FINAL
    Non-Optimized: Avg. time/call(ms):3.185
    Optimized: Avg. time/call(ms):0.821

In JBoss 09-Feb-2001 02:00 cvs snapshot, things look strange: results for
the optimized version of the test seem to be pretty slow and close to the
non-optimized one... like this:

    PRE2.1 09-Feb-2001 02:00
    Non-Optimized: Avg. time/call(ms):1.893
    Optimized: Avg. time/call(ms):1.452

AND in today's cvs checkout, right after Ole's new TX/JTA changes, these are
the results:

    PRE2.1 CVS
    Non-Optimized: Avg. time/call(ms):78.603
    Optimized: Avg. time/call(ms):2.503

WHOA! What happened there? 78 ms/ PER CALL? I don't belive these are good
metrics to go out to V2.1... there must be something wrong... I dont have a
profiler tool here at home, but you can get the .EAR's I was trying to
deploy at:

http://www.hugopinto.com/files/jboss-ears.zip

...and try it out yourselves... Inside you'll find 2 files: the original 2.0
.ear, and a modified one, in which i inserted the Interceptor Chains into
the jboss.xml file.

Regards,

Hugo Pinto