I answered my own question... Here is the answer to the Tomcat IOException
socket write errors I was experiencing (JBoss/Tomcat on WindowsNT 4.0, IE
5):

I have seen this when using Internet Explorer (IE) and the resource
is cached by IE. It seems like IE closes the connection before reading
the complete response in this case, so Tomcat complains that it
couldn't write the full response. I don't see a way to fix this at
the Tomcat end. It's irritating but nothing bad happens, so just
ignore it.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks to Hans for discovering this (I realize this is a JBoss mailing
list, but since so many here are integrating the two, I thought I would
send this out there)...

BTW - I turned off page caching and the Tomcat errors went away.  This
may or may not be a worthy solution for others, but for me, it works...

Justin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]