On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, you wrote:
> Hey
>
> Thomas Hagedorn wrote:
> > We're porting an applet based webapplication to JBoss and all seems to
> > run fine as long as wetested it on Unix machines or NT clients with
> > JRE1.3.
> > But most of our clients (in our intranet) still have JRE1.2.2 and we
> > figured out that we need the j2ee.jar on the client, or at least the
> > jndi.jar +the RMI package for 1.2 .
> > But we still get the stacktrace below.
> > Is there anybody out there to give us a good hint whats necessary
> > additional to the 1.3 clients to get it run?
>
> You need to either run 1.2.2 on the server, or make the JRMP
> ContainerInvoker use a 1.2.2 compatible proxy generator. Currently there
> is no way to do the latter, AFAIK, but you could try to add
> "java.vm.version=1.2" to jboss.properties and see what happens.

Thanks for the answer,

the first option(starting jboss with 1.2.2)  gives me some errors
during deployment, the second one ("java.vm.version=1.2" in jboss.properties)
seems to solve the StreamCorruptedException problem, but now all our
1.2.2-clients (NT) complain about missing shared library ioser12.
Since now all 1.3 clients failed with socket permission problems, we
try to enforce our clients to use 1.3 as a common standard (seems to be
cheaper)
anyway thanks for your response

tom

 --
THETA - Consulting
Kommuniktionsanalyse - Anwendungsentwicklung - LINUX-Systeme

Thomas Hagedorn                          Tel. 07231-472108
Rainstr. 12                              Tel. 0172-7642398
75217 Birkenfeld                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jesus inside - where do you want to go forever ?