hello all ...

i'm facing exactely the same problem. I've developed my own clustered sso
mecanism. I have an SSO Valve that gets the Principal from a distributed
authentication cache (handle by JGroups) and call the
request.setUserPrincipal() in order to authenticate it.

But when the request is adress to a server on which the user has never been
authenticated, although the SSOValve do its job, I have this
NullPointerException that is raised. I assum that this is because the server's
JBossSecurityMgrRealm roleMap does not map the principal with a
JBossGenericPrincipal.

I have tried to force the authenticate(string, string) method of the
JBossSecurityMgrRealm .... but that gives à Null Principal because there is no
securityContext available thru JNDI !!!

How can i do to force silent authentication in order to build a
JBossGenericPrincipal that will be put in the roleMap ???

I Assume that the JBoss ClusteredSingleSignOn Valve work properly ...
apparently it has a mecanism that is close to my own valve .... so what is the
real difference ???

thanks a lot for your help scott. See ya !

PS : Sorry for my poor english !

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959674#3959674

Reply to the post :