JBoss 4.0.4GA - 3 app servers clustered behind IIS 6 w/ mod_jk and session
replication with TreeCache, Hibernate 3.1.3 (session per request using
threadlocal to store session/servlet filter for opening and commiting of
transactions).

Oracle 9.2.0.4 / 10.2.0.1.0 JDBC driver

After some random amount of time (1-3 days) it seems at least one, sometimes
more, of the app servers lose connection to the database.

2006-07-31 05:35:18,971 ERROR org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter No
ManagedConnections available within configured blocking timeout ( 3000 ms )

When I inspect the jmx-console I see that my connection pool has reached its
max. (min 2/max 75).

I have read everything I can find about the dreaded "No ManagedConnections"
error.  I have been monitoring the pool through the jmx-console and it seems to
be creating/releasing connections as it should so I don't think I am leaking
any anywhere.  I have turned on the logging and I never get any messages
suggesting otherwise.

Is it possible we are doing so much work that we actually use all the
connections to the DB?  What happens when you reach the max in your pool?  Will
it recover once load decreases?

ds-file

  | <datasources>
  |   <xa-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>prod3</jndi-name>
  |     <track-connection-by-tx/>
  |     <isSameRM-override-value>false</isSameRM-override-value>
  |     <min-pool-size>2</min-pool-size>
  |     <max-pool-size>75</max-pool-size>
  |     <blocking-timeout-millis>3000</blocking-timeout-millis>
  |     <idle-timeout-minutes>1</idle-timeout-minutes>

<xa-datasource-class>oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
name="URL">jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.50.15:1521:ssdb</xa-datasource-property>
  |     <xa-datasource-property name="User">yeah</xa-datasource-property>
  |     <xa-datasource-property name="Password">right</xa-datasource-property>

<exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>

  |     <no-tx-separate-pools/>
  |     <track-statements>true</track-statements>
  |
  |     <metadata>
  |       <type-mapping>Oracle9i</type-mapping>
  |     </metadata>
  |   </xa-datasource>
  |
  |   <mbean
code="org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleXAExceptionFormatter"
name="jboss.jca:service=prod3OracleXAExceptionFormatter">
  |     <depends
optional-attribute-name="TransactionManagerService">jboss:service=TransactionManager</depends>
  |   </mbean>
  |
  | </datasources>

Any help would be great.  Thanks.

View the original post :