Few months ago we upgraded to jbpm 3.1 to make use of asynchronous
continuations.  At the time, everything worked great.  Then, at some point
during our system test cycle, any node/action marked async never executed.
Based on this thread:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=77656

I thought the culprit was we stopped deploying the jbpm webapp, because we were
not really using it, and thought it was causing some other issues in our
applications.  I have since tried to redeploy the webapp, but the async actions
are still not starting.  We haven't changed versions of jbpm nor hibernate
since the upgrade to 3.1, and I have racked my brain trying to track down what
other configuration change happened, besides not deploying the web app.  Any
ideas?

Again, we are using JDK 1.5, jbpm 3.1. JBoss 4.0.2, and hibernate 3.1.3.

Here is the most recent version of the proc def I am using:

  | <process-definition name="Entity Review">
  |    <start-state name="Start Entity Review">
  |       <transition name="tr1" to="Contract Review">
  |          <action name="action1"
class="package.entityReview.MarkCounterpartyInReview" config-type="bean"
async="true"></action>
  |       </transition>
  |    </start-state>
  |    <task-node name="Contract Review">

Also tried putting the action in another node after start, executed on the
node-enter event.  That actually prevents the process from getting to the
Contract REview task.  The above def will get to the Contract Review task, but
the action never executes.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962855#3962855

Reply to the post :