1) Download the application server from
http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossas/download.
Also, look at the Getting Started Guide at
http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/getting_started/v5/html/.  The Guide provides
installation instructions.

2) I run on Fedora Core 5, so I cannot comment directly on Ubuntu though I
recall seeing some forum posts from Ubuntu users.  .  The JVM that comes with
Linux distros is usually insufficient to run JBoss (or any app server), so you
should also get a JDK from http://java.sun.com.  A 1.4.2 JDK is fine, but if
you plan to do any EJB3 work, you should get the 1.5 JDK.

3) No, but most people developing for JBoss use Eclipse or NetBeans.  There is
a JBoss-specific Eclipse plug-in at
http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbosside/?prjlist=false.

4) I don't know.

5) If you have a 64-bit OS and install a 64-bit JDK, JBoss will run on it.
There is no special 64-bit version of JBoss, or any pure Java application , for
that matter.  Any pure Java application will run on a 64-bit or 32-bit JVM.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964111#3964111

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964111