In current (within jbp), the navigation portlet always collect all the pages
and displayed on the navigation region.  This design doesn;t consider the
real/practical usage. That means the users like me want to control what to be
shown on the navigation without "destroying" the page deployment in the portal.

So, the GenericNavigationPortlet is used to configure what to be displayed on
the navigation region. The implementation is not so important because it is
simple. So, the design of my GenericNavigationPortlet has following key
features:

(1)define the displaying order for deployed pages.
(2)define what pages should be displayed
(3)The Generic Navigation Portlet should be packaged as standalone .war
directory. (not .war file) for deployment. WIthin the
genericnativationportlet.war/WEB/classes/resourcebundle_xx.properties files,
you can add the internationalization resource for the navigation items without
interrupt the system.

THis is my current portlet key features. If any recommendation needed, i will
update the portlet and once i document it, i will submmit it.

yang

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964727#3964727

Reply to the post :