Ronald,

Thanks for the reply. Hey, what's the chances of getting jBPM releases up on
ibiblio/maven2 with poms that hold all dependencies?

Also, here's another side question that's more about archive classloading than
anything (working on multiple appservers, sometimes get wires crossed). I had a
JAR library I developed, my custom SAR, and a webapp (WAR) I developed, all of
which I put inside an EAR. All of the dependencies (JAR files) pulled in nicely
to the EAR root, which alleviates the need to figure out each JAR to put into
the server//lib directory. I gunned up JBoss, only to discover that even though
all of my dependencies sat in the EAR root, the SAR and the WAR in my EAR were
suffering ClassNotFoundExceptions, because they apparently these JARs in the
EAR weren't on the classpath. Does this sound right? As I recall, an EAR was
supposed to have its own ClassLoader and the contained SAR and WAR ClassLoaders
were supposed to delegate to the EAR ClassLoader if a class could not be found.
What am I missing?

Sorry -- I know these aren't jBPM questions per se, but they seemed analog to
the thread.

Cheers,

Brad

View the original post :