Gahh, the last thing I want is for Seam to turn into Spring.  Still, the option
of naming externally would be a plus.  Maybe it could even take over managing
JSF components in faces-config.xml, though I suppose it might demand more or
different metadata.

I'm not sure what you'd gain by moving scope annotations and initializations
out to XML though.  My opinion is that semantics belong in code and only code.
Spring has us all coding Java in XML, and has given us the worst of the
conjunction of Java and XML's inexpressveness with a dynamic interpretation
that blows up only (and often) at runtime.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966468#3966468

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966468