hi :)

I'm working on using a MBean service to perform a trivial task on a Schedulable
basis.
 The task includes moving txt files from a remote computer to the server where
jboss is running,  after the transfer, data from the txt file should be
validated, this validation could lead to a databaseupdate.
So the task includes using a FTP API(enterprisedt) and a driver for MSSQL. when
making a normal java main program this task works without problems.
Scheduler MBean offers two types of SchedulableMBean, SchedulableClass and
SchedulableMBean. I decided to use SchedulableClass, and see if this could
work. using SchedulableClass the perform() method will be called when the
Schedulabled task is trigged. So I figured that this may work fine for my
purpose. Then I ran into problems, since when I try to build the sar file I get
the errormessage that there is unhandled exceptions and I could  add throw
declaration, or surround with try/catch.

if I then add throw declaration...like this:

public void perform(Date inDate, long repetitionCountdown ) throws
FtpLoginException, IOException

I get the error that these exceptions clause not are compatible with throws
clause in Schedulable.perform

If I on the other hand surround with try/catch, like this :

try {
                this.SetList();
        } catch (FtpLoginException e) {
                // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (IOException e) {
                // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                e.printStackTrace();
        }

my method:

        public void SetList() throws IOException, FTPException
        {
                FTPClient FClient = null;
                FClient = new FTPClient();

                FClient.setRemoteHost(""xxx.xxx.xxx.xx"");
                FClient.connect();
                FClient.login("xxxx","xxxx");
                FClient.chdir("xxxxxxx");

                FileList = FClient.dir();

        }

Then I can create the sar file but when I try to deploy the sar file I get this
errormessage:

11:41:11,626 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment:
file:/C:/jboss-4.0.4.GA/server/default/deploy/Integrator2.sar
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: - nested throwable:
(java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java:196)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:226)

any suggestions how to get this working is more than welcome :o)

regards

Mads Nielsen

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966925#3966925