There's something important I forgot to mention:

You might think that a group gets newly created here:
@In(create=true) @Out @Valid
  |    private Group group;

But that's wrong, it already exists:
org.hibernate.PersistentObjectException: DETACHED (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) entity
passed to persist:
group is definitely a MANAGED object, that was read via em.find or
em.createQuery()... and then got DETACHED during Seam bijection. The only
entites that are able to be persisted are those of state NEW/TRANSIENT or
REMOVED. That's why em.persist() didn't work. Then you tried em.merge(), which
led to an update of an existing group instead of creating a new one.

And the second thing: I didn't exactly understand what's behind your register
bean (I'd be interested in the JSF file). Only then we can say if the bean
should be stateless or stateful ;).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967446#3967446

Reply to the post :