After a bit more digging around, I found this page in the JBoss wiki:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=XMLEntitySchemaResolution

So JBoss versions 4.0.3 and above have an MBean that we can use to configure an
entity resolver. However, when I created a service descriptor with the
following content....

  |     <server>
  |        <mbean code="org.jboss.services.xml.JBossEntityResolverMgr"
name="jboss.xml:service=JBossEntityResolverMgr">
  |           <attribute name="WarnOnNonFileURLs">true</attribute>
  |           <attribute name="EntityMap">
  |              -//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN=spring-beans.dtd
  |           </attribute>
  |        </mbean>
  |     </server>

... after starting JBoss, I still get the error where the server is trying to
connect to the web to retrieve the spring-beans.dtd and when I look at the JMX
console page for the JBossEntityResolverMgr it shows that the above EntityMap
attribute of the MBean has been parsed like so:

    -//SPRING//DTD=BEAN//EN=spring-beans.dtd

Note that the space in the PublicId has been converted to an equals sign. I've
tried using quotes around the publicId and also around the whole string but
this just causes even more problems.

Can anybody give me some pointers on what format to use so the the space is
correctly interpreted? Failing that, does anybody know what class is
responsible for parsing the service descriptors?

Cheers,
Kevin

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969753#3969753