Pete, I tried your example posted here:
http://jroller.com/pmuir/entry/using_sets_in_jsf.
userGroup.xhtml now looks like this:

  | <h:selectManyListbox id="locationsListBox"
value="#{dc:asList(userGroupHome.instance.locations)}"
  |                                             disabled="#{not
s:hasRole('admin')}">
  |                                             <s:convertEntity />
  |                                             <s:selectItems
value="#{locationList.resultList}" var="location"

label="#{location.locationName}" noSelectionLabel="None" />
  |                                     </h:selectManyListbox>

where 'asList' is the function described in the link above.
Now, when trying to create a userGroup I get:
model validation failed:/members/userGroup.xhtml @33,44
value="#{dc:asList(userGroupHome.instance.locations)}": Illegal Syntax for Set
Operation

What am I missing?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4126464#4126464