Great Job!! - it's funny, I've been working on this exact issue today.  Only
instead of changing the ejb timer I removed the offending EJB from the jar.
Same effect because we are not using that EJB in the example.

Since I was working on the 10.0.3 tech preview when I got past the EJB issue I
ran into the issue where EJB's only work with kodo/openJPA.

The last thing I was working on was the JSF issue that you describe.  I'll try
your solution tomorrow.

The best way to post files or patches is through jira - here is the link for
this issue:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-2482

I'm curious about the interceptor and deployment file changes that you made as
well.

After I get the example running I'll update the reference guide with this info.

Thanks again,
Jay

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127235#4127235