Well, i'm puzzled now. You mentioned that you are using
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver class as the driver in which case removing the
classes12.jar should have caused ClassNotFoundExceptions, unless this class is
contained in some other jar in the classpath.

I have been thinking about your deployment usecase and to be honest, i am not
yet sure why there's a ClassCastException (even if you have weblogic.jar and
classes12.jar in the lib folder of the server - they will finally be loaded by
a single classloader).

Can you try configuring classloader isolation for your application and package
the weblogic.jar inside your EAR instead of placing it in the lib folder of the
server? You can find the instructions here:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration

Also, this wiki article
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossClassLoadingUseCases explains how
classloading works in JBoss. You might want to read through it to understand
what's the best way to package your application.

Let us know how it goes. If you are still running into that issue then let's
see if there's any other way we can debug this.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127479#4127479

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127479